Name: Suzan Leigh
Location: Hartford, CT
Ethnicity: Irish/Scottish/English ... yeah, I'm a mutt ;)
1. What inspired you to get into this industry? I wanted to be a model from middle school age and on. However, I focused on college, marriage, building a family (have an amazing 16 yr old!!), all while working full time in corporate America. However, after battling and beating breast cancer, I started back in the gym and got my body in the best condition of my life. This gave me a renewed excitement about life and beauty so I decided it was time to step in front of the camera and get creative. I love to use modeling as one way to encourage and inspire women to be the best they can at every age!
2. How long have you been modeling? Since 2011
3. Who is your favorite model? Cindy Crawford - Aside from being naturally beautiful, she always seemed to have a down to earth, open and honest personality.
4. Tell us something random about yourself. I find great pleasure in learning all the words to various rap songs. One I know and
love is Money Maker by Ludacris. But the best part is rapping this with the widows down in my car while my kid looks on in fear that peers may see us. Yes ... I'm that mom!
5. What are you most proud of? I am most proud of my kid who has always had a tender caring heart for others, especially the people who could be considered outcasts.
6. Upcoming projects? As a 9 year breast cancer survivor, I am setting up several shoots for Breast Cancer Awareness month. It is a joy to be part of a movement to encourage women who are facing the dreaded disease as well as bring awareness of the importance of regular exams. Check 'em and live!!
7. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as? I want to be remembered as a strong and capable woman who has overcome many challenges and cares deeply about people.
8. Additional Comments? Always strive to make each day better than the last and do something kind for someone
who can never repay you.