Name Heather Moss
Location Phoenix, AZ
1. What inspired you to get into this industry? My husband and I own a tattoo shop in Arizona, Timeless Art Tattoo. Modeling really had never crossed my mind but I absolutely admired the women in the industry. I took a couple pictures with a friends truck for a website called SoCal Customs and started a Facebook. Did some local shoots the boost my portfolio. Daveed Benito, Bryan Fross, Tara Lei and Mannon Pictures were some of the first photographers I worked with and all absolutely amazing. Then, Esther Hanuka, Queen Esther, actually invited me out to Malibu one weekend to shoot with Tattoo Magazine which lead to my very first feature. I owe a lot to the people who helped me get started and obviously my hubby for the amazing tattoo work. I am inspired every day by the people I am surrounded by. Its fuel to keep me going.
2. How long have you been modeling? I have been modeling for 2 years now, going on my third.
3. Who is your favorite model? Favorite model..... I am so lucky to have friends in the industry and I look up to them all. Morgan Rene is my best friend in the whole world I love her to pieces. Honestly, it has been an honor to get to know so many women in the industry and I love them all, they are all my favorite.
4. Tell us something random about yourself. Hmmmm... I am pretty much an open book, I don't really know.
5. What are you most proud of? My husband, he is such a hard worker. We do everything together and he is so supportive of my career and I can tell you it is not easy. He deals with a lot and had to learn to not react when he normally would. He has really adjusted to both of our careers and traveling. He is my support system and my rock. I don't think I could do this without him.
6. Upcoming projects? So Much!!!! I am sponsoring the Body Art Expo in Phoenix, AZ in February and then I will be off to New York for a photo shoot an appearance for the Grand Opening of a tattoo shop in the city called Ink Couture. I am the official model for Tattoo Lou's United Ink Tattoo Convention and World Famous Tattoo Ink line. Lots of really amazing opportunities and projects in the works for sure. I am excited to stay busy and have fun this year.
7. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as? I am not ignorant to the fact that this is a very short, small part of my life. There are a lot of women who will make imprints in this industry and of course you hope to be one of them. I love modeling and contributing to the industry but my heart lies with my tattoo shop and my husbands tattooing career. I love being a shop owner, I have the best crew in the entire world, we are like a family. I am really excited to see what the future holds.
PHOTOGRAPHERS: DAVE ED & TARA LE