Name: Dj Sophia Lin
Location: Los Angeles
Ethnicity: American Chinese
Measurements: 33" 24" 35"
1. What inspired you to get into this industry? So many reasons and also inspiring people to name... Initially, serious interests in fashion, nightlife, different cultures, and music. I went to local events and clubs all the time and became a local socialite. The music, scenery, laughs, smiles, and fun of it all moved me into the direction of DJ-ing. I wanted to be a part of the commotion and make people happy. The combined creativity, energy of music and the whole scene really gives me the drive and energy propelling me to go further.
2. How long have you been modeling? Since my early teens; started with bikini, hair, and fashion shows at malls. Also hosted many special events and car shows which then graduated / expanded into work as a Hooter's girl, sales specialist at BEBE retail clothing store as a stylist and personal shopper for clients. After work, I'd go and dance at clubs with friends, and since that got me noticed, plenty of photo magazine shoots, promos, billboards, and corporate events ranging from Vegas and International casinos had booked me for print and spokes modeling. Worked with many companies such as: Hawaiian Tropic, Falken Tires, GMC, Chevy, Hot Import Nights Car Shows, Christian Audigier, Ed Hardy, Michelin, BF Goodrich, Fashion One TV, Redbull, Monster, Rockstar, No5 Energy Drink, too many liquor companies to name, RocaWear, Spike TV, Comedy Central, etc… I've been featured in many music videos throughout the years. To name a few, Love in This Club - Usher, Miss Independent - Ne-Yo, Lolli Lolli - Three 6 Mafia, and many more. I've appeared in movies: Fast & Furious 4, Miss March, Should've Been Romeo, Kissing Strangers, Damned Love, and a few other short films, and independent films. FHM Magazine in Malaysia featured me as the cover girl in July, 2011. FHM Thailand also featured me in 2 issues in print in 2011as well as Maxim Magazine Jan 2012 had a big feature of me in Korea. I recently signed with one of the top talent agencies; Elite Model Management in Miami in their TV division.
3. Who is your favorite model? Difficult to choose just one, but a few nice inspirational choices would probably be Adriana Lima, Kate Moss, Sofia Vergara who very impressively graduated from a solid modeling career into an award winning actress. Also J-Lo, Beyonce and Maria Carey who also took a similar paths moving from a dancer, to singer, model, and actress.
4. Tell us something random about yourself. An interesting personal endeavor I've had ever since I was a child is working with saving animals. I actually wanted to be a veterinarian. I saved a chinchilla once. I was always running away from home to hang out with friends when I had such strict parents. I've always had many dreams I wanted to pursue, then took piano lessons. From then on, I knew I wanted to be some sort of musician. Song writing and working in the studio is my biggest focus. It brings me feelings of delight, happiness and pleasure. Creating new music brings me to one of the most cherished states of being I've experienced in life. When I'm creating the whole world falls away and I'm in a state of contentment.
5. What are you most proud of? Being able to stay positively mentally and physically strong and focused since moving out on my own at 17 and having accomplished all that I have over the last few years all around the world. Also the first billboards I got were a great accomplishment because I was still living in Kansas when they were shot. I had amazing DJ residencies at Coyote Ugly Bar & Saloon in NYNY Hotel in Las Vegas. The girls were such a pleasure to work with, though they would be broke if there was a swear jar in the building! Playboy Club in Macao at Sand Casino was a blast and great experience as I lived in the Venetian Hotel overseas for a few months and made wonderful friends and connections. I was the 1st ever Playboy bunny to dj' in their club! I've won bikini contests in Las Vegas such as Spy on Vegas Hot 100 contest and Miss LAX at Luxor. Fox 11 News did a great story about DIVA DJ's. I was labeled as 1 of the Top Female LA Dj's! I was even in Hustler Magazine (NON-NUDE) featured in the music section as LA's Hottest Club DJ!
6. Upcoming projects? On top of my active International DJ schedule I'm aiming to be in more independent and blockbuster movies, TV shows, commercials, and international magazine spreads and a debut vocal studio album. Check in and get the latest tweets, live events, breaking news, model photos, candid shots, webisodes, and hot new DJ mixes to download on my Facebook and DJSOPHIA.COM. You can always catchup with me on twitter or read my random blogs.
7. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as? A positive female role model... I'll always remember people that help me to achieve my goals and dreams. Great accomplishments come about from never being completely satisfied. There is always a higher level to be attained. Staying open minded, keeping things fun and a good attitude helps me on the path to success. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do what you want and be successful in all aspects of life...
8. Additional Comments? I love all my family, supportive friends I've had for years, and the new friends I meet in my travels; they are the people who give me the most energy back. I feel like some of them would do absolutely anything for me. They are really special and I'm so grateful for them keeping me somewhat sane (laugh). Whenever I'm in town we try to hangout, but we always get to party rock!