1. What inspired you to get into this industry? Ever since I was a young girl, I looked up to actresses/models in magazines & on TV. I would always be excited to see what they were wearing and to read the newest trends. There is beauty in the creativity and confidence the individuals are expressing in photos and I wanted to do that. As I got older, I wanted to try it and fell in love with the art of modeling. It's very empowering to see the end result.
2. How long have you been modeling? My first photo shoot was when I was 12 years old and my father pushed me to try it. I didn' t do it for a while then picked it back up again in college and feel in love ever since.
3. Who is your favorite model? I love Heidi Klum! She's a great role model for runway and print. She's also great on Project Runway.
4. Tell us something random about yourself. I moved around a lot as a young kid. I was born in Rome, New York lived there for 8 years then moved to Taiwan. I lived there for a year and moved back to NY for a year then Florida for a year. Then I moved to Roanoke, Va for five years and back to Florida. It was great to finally be in one place and to eventually call a place "home". I saw the world at such a young age that I was able to appreciated other cultures and diversity. I am appreciative too because it made me a better more well rounded individual. I was also named after a super model : Christy Brinkley. My father must of known I would be a model.
5. What are you most proud of? I am proud of my degree from the University of Miami. School is very important to me and growing up moving around a lot school wasn't alway easy to me, but it's great to know hard work pays off.
6. Upcoming projects? I am working lots of trade shows in Orlando, Fl. I want to do more commercials, print and will be selling a few items soon on my website. I'm going to be doing lots of print work and film.
7. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as? I am a mix of German, Irish, French and Jamaican. My father was from Jamaica and he is diverse as well. Therefore, I'd like people to remember and embrace culture and diversity. Also, I'd like people to remember me as a positive, creative individual with a huge heart. I want men and woman to feel empowered, confident and encouraged by my story.
8. Additional Comments? Everyone check out my website, twitter, instagram and facebook fan page! I hope to hear from you all. Email ChristyNoad@gmail.com for all bookings.