NAME: Christine Palmer
LOCATION: Melbourne, Australia
1. What inspired you to get into this industry? I was a very girly girl from a young age. My mum used to catch me watching and copying the Victoria's Secret models on their runway show. And I told her I wanted to grow up and be just like them!
2. How long have you been modeling? I've been modeling since I was 14 so 10 years now! I started off doing runway and fashion and have now grown into glamour and tv work.
3. Who is your favorite model? My favorite model is definitely Emma Ratajkowski she is just gorgeous!
4. Tell us something random about yourself. When I was a baby I was frightened of my belly button haha. For some reason it always had to be covered up otherwise I'd scream!
5. What are you most proud of? I'm most proud of traveling around the world. It was one of my ambitions and I started last year. I am working on continuing my trip very soon and model along the way!
6. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as? As a model I obviously want to be looked up to. I want to set great examples and be a role model to young girls growing up in the industry. I set my ambitions high and want to be an inspiration to others.
NAME Sarah Arthur-Young
LOCATION: Melbourne, Australia
1. What inspired you to get into this industry? When I was 18, I loved doing modeling competitions for Ralph, Zoo and Inside Sport.
2. How long have you been modeling? 11 years now and I still love getting in front of the camera, I have defiantly matured as a model.
3. Who is your favorite model? Over the years I have liked, Naomi Campbell, Elle Macpherson, and now would have to say Candice Swanpoel- Hot Hot Hot!
4. Tell us something random about yourself. I love fishing; catching whiting and snappers are always fun.
5. What are you most proud of? Overall I'm proud of everything I have achieved. Memorable moments I would say:
Being on tv shows like Neighbors , Hollow Man and many tv commercials. Also loved being featured in Jwess music video that was a lot of fun.
6. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as? Loving, caring woman who never gives up; who is always persistent and has a lot of confidence to achieve whatever comes her way.
Harlem Production Australia
Photographer: Wayne Daniels
HMUA: Ellie Wright
NAME Renee Riyan
ETHNICITY African-American & Caucasian
LOCATION Houston TX
1. What inspired you to get into this industry? I motivated myself by noticing my creativity and having an eye for art and fashion.
2. How long have you been modeling? 2 years
3. Who is your favorite model? Lisa Raye
4. What are you most proud of? My progress in modeling
5. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as? My goal in the industry is to make an impact in the modeling world and to become an actress, and go as far as the industry will take me.
Images by Doss Tidwell
Name: Heidi Johnsen
Measurements: (US) 32-23-33.5 ; (EU) 81-59-85
1. What inspired you to get into this industry? I love Fashion and always wanted to be apart of it.
2. How long have you been modeling? I have been modeling since i was 16
3. Who is your favorite? Candice Swanepoel
4. Tell us something random about yourself. I love to draw
5. What are you most proud of? Being a finalist in the Norwegian Supermodel of the world in 05
6. Upcoming projects? Gonna be on another Elle Cover
7. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as? An inspirational model that little girls can look up too, I enjoy helping little girls feel beautiful every day :)
8. Addtitional comments? I am so blessed to be living my life and will always try to be someone everyone can look up too! I will be making an IG account soon and can't wait to share my life with everyone!
Modeling is a great opportunity for girls that are smart. They can have fun, travel around the world and make money at the same time. - My favorite quote ;)
PHOTOGRAPHERS BRIAN LANDIS & WILLIAM KOFRON
What inspired you to get into this industry?
i LOVE everything about modeling, hair and makeup, getting styled, shoot concepts, etc. Seeing the final product come together is so rewarding.
How long have you been modeling?
On and off for 2 years but fulltime now.
Who is your favorite model?
Tell us something random about yourself.
I hate horror movies and love watching the first 48 hours to see if I can solve the mystery! haha
What are you most proud of?
Im most proud of finally getting disciplined to the point physically and mentally to embark on this career and dive headfirst into it because I wasnt in shape before and was being lazy, that wont get you anywhere! haha
Just had a casting for a new Maxim Series, Signed with a new Management company thats been amazing, shooting for American Curves and Maxim Espanol by the end of May.
When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Someone who is just good at what I do, I want to be so good, that I make even the doubters believers ; )
Thanks for taking the time to read my interview! Watch out for me in magazines, tv, film, anywhere I can be! 2013 is the year of Abigail Ratchford.
Name Shahira Barry
Ethnicity Irish -mixed
Dress: UK 6/8
1. What inspired you to get into this industry? I've always been a typical "Girly-Girl" so I guess I always had an interest in modelling, fashion, makeup and all things in-between. When I was younger I think I would have cared too much about what other people would think if I started modelling: however at 18 I lost someone very close to me and it taught me that life is very short you have to follow your dreams and live your life to the full while you have the chance so I stopped caring what people would think and started doing what made me happy-4months later I got into modelling and I haven't looked back since!
2. How long have you been modeling? I have been modelling professionally for the past year however I was modelling as a hobby since 2010.
3. Who is your favorite model? I don't have a favourite model as such-I love all the Victoria Secret Models: they are gorgeous and have the most amazing bodies! but modelling isn't my only aim/goal. I love Singing, Dancing and Acting and I see them and modelling all being connected.. so someone I would look up to in terms of a career is e.g. Nicole Scherzinger because she sings, dances, acts and models and I hope to pursue them all also.
4. Tell us something random about yourself. Something people often find interesting is that my grandfather is from Bangladesh. Also that my name 'Shahira' means 'Famous' in Arabic.
5. What are you most proud of? I'm proud that I graduated with a degree (Bachelor of Education) at 20years old! and of how my modelling has progressed so quickly within the past year. I am also proud that I am a dedicated person and when I put my mind to something I give it 110%.
6. Upcoming projects? I have just arrived home from a shoot for a very large magazine in the UK: which I can't disclose until publication. I recently got a new manager in the UK so I plan on doing a lot more work over there this year and have some exciting projects coming up. I am also heading back to Los Angeles in June for the summer months. I love LA and I can't wait to get back!
7. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as? Shahira
8. Additional Comments? Imagination is the Key to Success
Name Skye McDonald
Location from Seattle currently in Hollywood
FB Skye McDonald
1. What inspired you to get into this industry? What inspired me to get into this industry was to try and change the way models are perceived. I'm only 5'7 and have voluptuous curves, this isn't the usual body type for models. I want there to be a median between typical models and plus size models.
2. How long have you been modeling? I have been modeling since the age of 9
3. Who is your favorite model? My all time favorite model is Adriana Lima, she is an inspiration for curvy women.
4. Tell us something random about yourself. I tend to make crazy sporadic decisions that always bite me in the butt.
5. What are you most proud of? The thing I am most proud of is the fact that I left my family back home and came to California alone. Although I didn't know anybody, I was determined to succeed. Now I am attending college full time, this is something I would never pictured for myself but I'm amazed.
6. Upcoming projects? Some upcoming projects are a few pilots shooting in 2013. I put modeling to the side to focus on my degree. I'm up for any open projects though.
7. When it's all said and done, how do you want to be remembered? I want to be remembered as the girl that pushed through every obstacle and came out on top. People tell me everyday that I'm not right for the job, I believe different so I will prove different.
8. Additional comments? Will smith once said, "Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too." If you always remember this, you will come out on top.